Saturday, March 1, 2014

Dirty 30, De-railing, and Dat Booty

So yesterday I felt just awful.  Somehow after a few days of feeling slightly better, I seemed to be relapsing.  Anyone else tired of winter?  So I did what any fitness mogul would do...lol nope, I ate enchiladas at Soccer Taco and had a few potato chips later in the day.  Hey, I'm not perfect.  When I finally made myself work out in the evening, I was feeling bad physically and mentally.  I pushed through the Cardio session but just couldn't completely hack it.  So then I added on some extras of the moves afterward and made myself do the 10-minute abs.  I don't want to say I was punishing myself, but I was.  Let me just say, I don't think that's a good way to be.  The last time I was in shape, that's exactly how I was.  I literally freaked out if I didn't go to the gym and I spent so much time worrying about what I was eating...and even when I was twenty pounds lighter, I still felt fat.  I wasn't satisfied.  Looking at those pictures now, I would be so happy to be that small again.  And I am NOT getting in that mindset again!  It was a little wake-up call.

Today I approached everything with a less...psycho mindset?  haha.  I followed the eating plan again, but didn't stress about it.  I did today's workout, The Dirty 30, and it was awesomesauce.  I felt like I was keeping up and modifying less than I have in the other workouts.  Again, of my own volition, I did 10-minute Abs after I finished.  Halfway through it, I realized something that made me quite happy: I have a lot more energy than I did even a week ago.  Today I went to the grocery store, cleaned the whole apartment, and did two workouts...and I'm not tired or sore.  It's so sad to say it, but seriously--before I started doing Shakeology and working out again, a day like this would have had me feeling exhausted and my feet, at least, would've been hurting.  I would've had to have some caffeine to focus on anything else for the rest of the night.  But right now, I feel fantastic.  In fact, this post is much later than I intended because usually I would be clambering to get into bed by now.  Instead, I have been feeling a little too energetic to sit down and do this.  And that's even with still feeling yucky and blowing my nose about a trillion times today.

To be honest, I'm hesitant to post pictures of me working out right now because it's a sad, red, huffy-puffy sight.  I did get Tom to take a picture of me doing an elbow plank...and you can't even tell that I'm planking because my chest looks like it's touching the ground.  Trust me, I was planking.  And yes, I usually have ridiculous facial expressions while planking, but it's more pathetic than comical.  I've been noticing another fantastic thing lately...

Dat booty!
If you know me personally, you know I'm the only girl in my family without a J-Lo booty.  Maybe it's weird to say and maybe it isn't ladylike to point out, but I'm getting more roundness and definition and I'm pretty dang excited.  You can kinda see it in the picture, which was another boost for the day. Watch out sisters, I'm coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment